Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gone RAW!

RAW for almost a week now and feeling great! After a lot of research, I'm now in Green Smoothie Bliss - Raw Meals later. I felt I needed to completely cleanse, and I also wanted to lose some weight.

I've been a long-time Vegan - but have finally taken the TOTAL RAW FOOD plunge thanks to buying a wonderful new Cuisinart blender/food processor to replace my overworked dying blender. In order to make a smoother smoothie, (if you don't have the more expensive Vita-mix or Blendtek) blend the greens with water first for 30 secs, then add everything else you want.

I've started with GREEN SMOOTHIES - they don't have to be totally green - they just need GREEN's in them. Some added fruit will change the smoothies color.

GREENS need to be varied over the month. Mix and match. Some combinations might be
•Spinach and Kale • Lettuce and Swiss Chard • Bok Choy and Spinach • Kale and Beet or Carrot tops
To ALL these add your favorite fruits in season - or frozen. Greens no less than 40%.

Drinking a Green Smoothie every day is one of the healthiest things you can do for your body!

Greens and fruits rich in chlorophyll, vitamins A and C, fiber, calcium, iron and antioxidants will make you feel satisfied and amazingly healthy. You will actually crave more greens - with NO yearning for unhealthy processed foods.

I'll start experimenting with RAW FOOD Recipes soon!