Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Let's Have a RAW FOOD Party!


Next time you invite your friends over for pot-luck, let it be a RAW FOOD pot-luck.

I became a RAW FOODIST a week ago, although I've been a vegetarian for decades.

But then I decided to Just Do It - go completely RAW. After a week of only GREEN SMOOTHIES and 1 medium size carrot with avocado dip* once in awhile, I feel great and now I'm excited about blending a variety of tasty Green Smoothies, and creating some incredible RAW ORGANIC Meals.

But I need a mandolin so - today I ordered a ceramic Kyocera Adjustable Mandolin Slicer, and since I've had a few knife injuries, I bought the BladeX5 Cut & Slash Resistant Gloves - recommended by others who've been hurt using this dangerous but fabulous piece of equipment. Kyocera also makes a Julienne Slicer.

If you're single, making the incredible creation in the photo above, might not happen unless you have someone to share it with. So what better reason to make something fabulous then to have friends over for a pot-luck, and challenge them to share a RAW FOOD dish they've created. It can be as simple as guacamole with zucchini slices as the 'chip'. But some of your friends might want to really go all out.
“The food can be very simple or even gourmet depending on the creativity used to put it together,” says Comit, who also purports being vegan. “When you eat raw foods it’s extremely beneficial as you get all the minerals and nutrients from the whole foods that is absorbed directly into the body, improves digestion, controls blood pressure and increases energy.” Chef Francesco Comito, owner of Make It Raw.
* Today's guacamole dip had carrots, tomatoes, onions, avocados and seasoning - I rolled this mixture in cabbage leafs - messy, but yummy.